I usually don’t do these because I find them too late (and NOBODY wants to read old memes); I just saw this one so I thot I’d give it a try!
1. If Linden Lab shut the door on Second Life, what do you think you might do to replace it, or the time you spend on it. Gaming, school, work, reading, other virtual world, etc?
I’ve been doing opensim for years, so I’d probably just go with that. I’m watching High Fidelity and hopefully I’ll be able to hop on that train eventually, too.
2. What would you consider your mission statement for your blog?
“news for no-one, stuff that doesn’t matter”
3. What would you change about your SLife right now if you could just press a magic button and have it automatically happen?
Everyone I know would simply get along; too many of my friends snipe at each other and it’s a huge waste of time and energy.
4. What topic would you like to see explored in a non fashion blog post? Anything you are curious about and want someone else to do all the research?
I love SL history and I think there’s a TON of stuff that could be explored; I think there’s parts of it I don’t even know about and it would be awesome if exploring and researching the history of our VW became popular -I would love to read about that, esp the “dark ages” (2002-2006) before SL blogging really took off.
5. Do you have a point of contact in SL? Someone that a person from your RL knows to contact in case something happens to you or you are unable to get online for an extended period of time?
No, I just barely started opening up IRL about my SL, I don’t think I could subject my RL friends to being poked and prodded at while they’re in the middle of grieving about my death.
6. What provides you the most inspiration and motivation to keep learning and growing? What keeps you from being held back by the common negativity in SecondLife and elsewhere?
This question kinda begs for a Pollyanna response -but I don’t have one. I have Major Depression in real life and I spend more than half of my time overwhelmed by the negativity of the world (virtual and otherwise).
Inspiration is another question altogether, though. It goes back to that previous question -history; I draw a lot of inspiration from SL history and culture. It’s a whole new world, even the old parts.
7. How do you deal with other bloggers (who don’t know you personally) that are spiteful towards you?
I heard a saying years back I’m not sure of the origin of, but it sums up my blog/forum/social media conflicts: “I don’t worry about whether people like me or not -I assume that they don’t. All I care about is whether they’re able to do anything about it”.
8. What is your advice to those that admire you and what you do, hoping to be able to do some of the same things with as much confidence as you often seem to have?
Like the punk rockers I grew up admiring said: just go out and do shit. Fuck whether you’re good or not..worry about that later, if at all. The thing that matters the most is jumping in with both feet and getting on with your passions.
9. Name 5 favorite events in Second Life.
Marianne McCann’s summer firework shows in Livingtree.
I don’t have two others; I’m usually too busy to follow many other events.
10. Name 3 of your favorite blogs.
“The Digital Pasture” by Penny Patton (https://pennycow.blogspot.com)
“Living in a Modem World” by Inara Pey https://modemworld.wordpress.com/
Not strictly a blog, but I get a lot of my VW news by following Indigo Mertel on G+; https://plus.google.com/+IndigoMertel/posts
Sad, honorable mention to Ener Hax, whose “iliveisl” blog I used to follow religiously until she discontinued it.